Meditation based on Buddhist teaching is an integral part to become real human being. Fortunately we were born as a human. However the question is to what extend we have become a human in terms of our thinking, attitudes, behaviors, qualities and etc… Buddhism addresses such issues from the spiritual perspective which is the core of every body’s lives. Meditation with right guidance supports to explore your life from this most valued perspective i.e. you can see through your whole life by practicing meditation, and then you yourself will find Buddha’s Path to Enlightenment.
The Bosath Matha Vipassana Meditation Centre was established in 1998 with five people and so far it has trained thousands of people. It is located in an upcountry village called “ Meegamawatta” in Kandy district, Sri Lanka. 17 Km away from Kandy Town.
Why you should visit there..? (The silent attractiveness)
1. Very simple life there atmosphere will thrill you (Simplicity the Best).
2. Individual guidance ( Kamatahan) is given the teaching method of the meditation.
3. It is a paradise to become “ Bosath Daruwo” by practicing “Paramy”.
4.The meditation teachers do not refer any books to teach meditation or Buddhism. Meditation by practice is their strategy.
5. The day programs are conducted in every Saturdays and full moon poya days. Residential programs ( 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, and 30 days) are organized periodically ..,
6. The center is run by a group of Upasaka (Not by monks) who have been well trained on mediation.
Mr. S. Perera
Bosath Matha Vipassana Meditation Center